192.168.10.1 is the IP address for the default gateway for some specific routers. Just like other IP address such as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.254.254. Using this IP address will give the user the access to the router’s setup page or Web UI. The access to the configuration page is required so you can set up a custom SSID or network name and WiFi password. But of course, you will need the default username and password, this information is available on the sticker of the router. It should be at the bottom or at the back of the router itself.
Although we have shared detailed guide below about how to login to your router default gateway at 192.168.10.1, but to save some time you can directly click on the buttons available below to login to your router admin page.
- 1 How to Log in to 192.168.10.1
- 2 How to check if your router is associated with 192.168.10.1 IP address?
- 3 How to access 192.168.10.1 IP address on a device?
- 4 Possible issues when accessing 192.168.10.1 IP address and Why?
How to Log in to 192.168.10.1
- In order for you to access the router’s setup page, you will have to launch a web browser. Any web browser will do such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- On the web browser’s address bar, type in the 192.168.10.1 and press ENTER.
- A login page will appear that will require you to enter the username and password. If you or anybody has not yet changed the default username and password, you can check for the sticker at the bottom or back of the router itself. All the information you need to access the router’s web UI should all be there including the WiFi SSID and password.
How to check if your router is associated with 192.168.10.1 IP address?
If you are not sure if your router uses 192.168.10.1 as a default IP address, you can check this instruction on how to find router’s IP address in Windows computers by following this method below.
Using the command prompt
Step 1- On your Windows PC keyboard, press the Windows key + R. A dialog box will appear on your screen, type in cmd then press the ENTER key.
Step 2- The command prompt will open. Now on the command window, type the ipconfig and press the ENTER key.
You can now look for the ‘Default Gateway‘ in the list which appears on your screen. You will find your routers default gateway mentioned there.
How to access 192.168.10.1 IP address on a device?
If you wish to access the configuration page of your router, here is how to setup any wireless router fast and easy.
- Turn on your router and wait till it is completely on.
- Connect your smartphone to your router’s network.
- Launch a web browser on it and go to 192.168.10.1.
- On the login page, enter the username and password to access the configuration page of your router.
The username and password is ‘admin‘ by default. However, you can easily modify it from the configuration page.
Possible issues when accessing 192.168.10.1 IP address and Why?
This site can’t be reached
This is a normal error when the current IP address or DNS assigned to your device is not communicating properly with the rest of the network. You can fix this issue by changing the automatic DNS designation to manual. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the adapter setting. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run window. Now type NCPA.CPL and press ENTER.
- Click on the network adapter that you are using to connect to the router’s network.
- Now on the new window, click on the Properties.
- On the next window scroll down and look for the TCP/IPv4 and double-click on it.
- Tick on the Use the Following DNS Server Addresses and type 22.214.171.124 for Preferred DNS Server and 126.96.36.199 for Alternate DNS Server.
- Check the Validate Setting Upon Exit and hit OK to exit and so on.
- Now try connecting again to the internet.
No Internet Connection
Sometimes when everything used to work earlier, then when you boot up your device again, there is no internet connection or you see “Internet Failed to Connect to Server“. Before you get drastic and make huge changes on your router’s settings, try checking all cables and cords. See to it that they are connected properly.
This is all you need to know about 188.8.131.52 IP address. If you have anything to add, then please let us know about it in the comments section below.