As an online gamer, internet speed is everything. We use the internet to download game updates, join online gaming matches, and rely on its stability when it matters the most. But all of this is not possible if we do not have a good and reliable router. And if you are a gamer, you will not settle for just a simple router. You will go for the best one that your budget can afford. But which one? In this article, we will help you choose from the list of the best gaming routers in the market to date.
When it comes to routers, which one can deliver the best quality of service right down to the millisecond? There are quite a lot of options available in the market. Hence, often the buyers get confused before picking up a gaming router. But we will make it easy for you.
To help you out, we have handpicked the 10 best gaming routers for you. We also included some of the top features along with pros and cons. This is to make sure that you get what you want and need when the loading stops and the game begins.
10 Best Gaming Routers 2018
- 1 10 Best Gaming Routers 2018
- 1.1 1. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router Review
- 1.2 Features:
- 1.3 2. ASUS AC3100 Wi-Fi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router Review
- 1.4 Features:
- 1.5 3. TP-Link Archer AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router Review
- 1.6 Features:
- 1.7 4. ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Router Review
- 1.8 Features:
- 1.9 5. Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Tri-Band Router Review
- 1.10 Features:
- 1.11 6. ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router Review
- 1.12 Features:
- 1.13 7. Linksys WRT AC1900 Dual-Band+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router Review
- 1.14 Features:
- 1.15 8. ASUS AC5300 Wi-Fi Tri-band Gigabit Wireless Router Review
- 1.16 Features:
- 1.17 9. D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router Review
- 1.18 Features:
- 1.19 10. ASRock G10 AC2600 Gigabit Gaming Router Review
- 1.20 Features:
- 2 Best Gaming Routers Buyers’ Guide
The router comes with four LAN ports and one WAN port. Also, you are getting one USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 port. Under the hood, the router has a 1GHz Dual Core Processor and AC1900 Wi-Fi with 1900 Mbps of speed.
Furthermore, the router comes with features like content-based parental control. It also has a smartphone application and free backup software. You can also control the router using voice commands. However, for this to work, you will need Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- It comes with a Dynamic QoS that prioritizes bandwidth application which offers the best gaming and streaming experience.
- The router comes with Beamforming+ which improves range & performance.
- It comes with high powered amplifiers & antennas that help in expanding Wi-Fi coverage.
Hardware wise, the router sports a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor. Also, the maximum download and upload of the router are at 1.8 Gbps.
The router has 8 gigabits of Ethernet ports, one USB 2.0, one 3.0 port, and a WAN port. It has an area coverage up to 5000 square feet.
The router also comes with privacy features like automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking, parental controls, AiProtection and a few more others.
- It comes with 1024-QAM technology which offers 80% faster internet speed on 5 GHz and 66% faster speed on 2.4 GHz
- It comes with extensive connectivity options
- The router has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor which offers faster USB data transfers
- It comes with Smart Connect feature
- Privacy Features
The router comes with 2 USB 2.0 ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Also, there is one WAN port located on the back side. Unfortunately, there is no USB 3.0 port. But if you are just in it for the QOS performance, then this one delivers more than enough.
Furthermore, the router comes with three 5dBi antennas. The antennas are detachable. The router also allows you to connect your USB drive to the router and share files wirelessly. Also, you are getting a TP-Link Tether app which will help you to setup the network remotely.
- The router comes with USB Access feature
- It works with all Wi-Fi devices, AC and older
- There is a TP-Link Tether app for setting up the network and handling it remotely
Also, the Router comes with ASUS AiCloud service which gives you unlimited storage expansion. There is also the AiRadar feature which optimizes wireless coverage with detachable antennas.
The router sports 4 gigabit of LAN ports and comes with 3 antennas. Also, there is One USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 port included with the router.
The router is said to offer a speed of 1300Mbps on 5GHz band. Also, it has different features such as parental controls, keyword blocking, URL blocking, and a few others.
- 5th generation 802.11ac chipset
- Asus AiCloud service
- Gigabit Ethernet ports for the fastest internet performance
- AiRadar feature that optimizes wireless coverage
- ASUSWRT dashboard UI for 3 steps easy setup
The router also includes features like AC Wi-Fi, MU-MIMO, Airtime fairness, and Smart Connect. Also, there are 9 high power amplifiers that help in extending the coverage for both 2.4GHz & 5GHz.
There are 4 antennas which expand the Wi-Fi range also the router auto-updates its firmware. So you keep getting new features. In the end, the router works with Amazon Alexa and comes with 5-gigabit ports.
- It comes with a 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU and 3 offload processors.
- The router has features like Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi + MU-MIMO + Airtime fairness.
- 9 high power amplifiers extend and maximize the performance of the router.
- 6 active antennas help in expanding Wi-Fi range.
Furthermore, the router has a built-in Wi-Fi amplifier which increases the network range. Also, it is quite easy to setup the router and comes with ASUSWRT feature.
Another great thing about the router is that it comes with three detachable Wi-Fi antennas. These antennas are capable of offering a stronger signal at a wider range. Plus, it has the ASUS AiRadar functions that enable the amplification and beamforming feature.
The Gigabit Ethernet ports are IPV6 enabled. Also, there are two USB 2.O ports.
- 4 GHz and 5 GHz concurrent dual-band transmissions for strong signal strength.
- Detachable High-Powered Antennas
- File Sharing, Printer Sharing, and 3G Sharing via 2 multi-functional built-in USB ports.
- ASUSWRT Dashboard UI for easy setup, signal monitoring, and network application control.
When it comes to hardware, the router sports 1.2 GHz Dual-core ARM CPU and comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The router also comes with one USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports for easy file transfer.
- It comes with 4 High-performance Antennas for Maximum Coverage & Reliability.
- Offers 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Simultaneous Dual Wireless Bands for A Strong Wi-Fi network.
- It has the beamforming technology.
- 2 GHz Dual-core Arm Cpu
The router also comes with a built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network or GPN. This feature optimizes the servers and offers low and stable ping time.
There is also the AiProtection feature that offers vulnerability detection when connected online. The ASUS Smart Connect feature offers consistent bandwidth.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) with the latest 802.11ac 4×4 technology.
- MU-MIMO technology.
- Supports every operating system, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- Built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN).
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro.
- ASUS Smart Connect feature.
Furthermore, the router is capable of 4K video streaming and online gaming simultaneously. It comes with 3×3 data streams and 6 high-performance antennas.
For hardware spec, there is a 1GHz Dual Core processor and comes with the Advanced SmartConnect feature. This helps in maximizing the Wi-Fi performance and covers a larger area.
Also, the router has an intelligent QoS traffic optimization which delivers great performance when gaming is at its crucial. In the end, it has a few advanced security features that encrypt your home network.
- It comes with ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3200 Tri-Band speed.
- The router comes with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 antennas.
- 1GHz Dual Core processor.
- Advanced SmartConnect feature.
- Advanced AC SmartBeam feature.
- Intelligent QoS traffic optimization features.
- Advanced security features.
The router comes with world’s fastest 4T4R 802.11ac chipset, and it offers 1733Mbps in 5Ghz. And a speed of 800Mbp on 2.4Ghz. The router also comes with a beamforming technology and offers multi-user MIMO Gaming Boost.
Furthermore, the router has 8 Antennas which deliver wireless network in the 360-degree direction.
- It comes with the 4T4R 802.11ac chipset
- The router has Beamforming Technology and Multi-User MIMO Gaming Boost
- 8 Antennas that deliver wireless signals in the 360-degree direction
Well, those were the 10 best gaming routers and their top features. Now we do understand that you are pretty confused about which router is to pick. As there are quite a lot of options available and each of them offering different features.
Best Gaming Routers Buyers’ Guide
Wireless Signal Type
If you have checked the above mentioned best gaming routers, then you probably came across to the MIMO word. So what does it actually do?
Well, MIMO stands for Multiple In Multiple Out. It is the latest technology that the wireless routers have nowadays. It helps in fast data transfer and offers a wide range of wireless coverage. MIMO is obviously a handy feature that can enhance your experience with online gaming.
Dual-Band or Tri-Band?
Another question is should you go for dual-band or tri-band router. You should notice, that we have only mentioned a few routers which come with tri-band. And most of the routers have dual-bands. So what is the difference?
Well, the difference between both of these is speed. Also if you ask us what is better, we would say it depends on you. If your internet speed is about 1300Mbps, then tri-band is all you need. But if your internet speed is below 1300Mbps then the dual-band would work equally great for you.
How do you choose your next gaming router?
Well, there are a few points that you should keep in mind.
- Make sure the router has a range coverage similar to the square feet of your house or your lot. You would want to stay connected wherever you want inside the house.
- Look for a router that best suits your internet speed capacity. Below 1300Mbps for dual-band and above 1300Mbps for tri-band.
- The router should have a signal strength of 802.11n or higher versions.
- The router should have USB functionality if you plan to use it. If not, there is no need to hassle yourself about those ports.
- Make sure the gaming router has 3 antennas or more to deliver you better network coverage.
Simply follow the list of required things, and you will get the best gaming routers for yourself. However, we have already mentioned the best gaming routers above. So you can go for any of the routers. Anyway, if you have any questions to ask, do comment below. Moreover we recommend you checking someof our other resources.
- 192.168.1.1 Wireless Router Login.
- 192.168.0.1 Wireless Router Login.
- IP Address: What is it, How Does It Look and Why It’s so important.